- Set up your phone/tablet/laptop and practice recording putts before your first match. Find a setup that will allow your opponent to see your full putt.
- If your putting mat doesn’t have distances marked on it by the manufacturer, have a measuring tape handy to prove distance. The minimum putting distance is 5 ft for putting mats with a ramp-hole and 6 ft for flat-hole mats. 7 ft putts are recommended.
- Have your putter and multiple golf balls ready to play!
Match Play Rules:
- Confirm the putting match format with your opponent. For example:
- Decide who will start the match (e.g. sudden death)
- Short games are best! Try out a best two-out-of-three series, with 3 putt matches.
- The winner is responsible for posting the scores immediately after the match ends.
- If multiple matches are played on the same call, post the total score as one match at the end of the call.
Helpful Hint: Maximize the view of your opponent by using the 3 dots above their video.